Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New TV Stand- upcycled furnishings


I was doing some online research looking for some inspiration & I came across this lovely yellow thing, they said it came from IKEA.
I saw some beautiful bright pieces in her post take a look! 


So that IKEA yellow dresser is discontinued & the only available one was in an overpriced eBay auction, so on to plan B. I spent some time searching through Craigslist, ended up finding this piece below. It was a little larger than I wanted, but I liked the traditional style of it. When we got it it was a really dark walnut color, I wanted to add some new color to our living room so I sent my hubby to Lowe's for some spray paint. He started texting me all these pictures of what they had. Really Valspar? For the longest time the colors of spray paint was pretty limited.. but this was unreal. Valspar has entire color rainbow in multiple satin, gloss & flat finishes. I ended up letting him pick out whatever he thought would look good(I will admit I was scared),  he ended up getting Flat Gilded Pesto. 
 Not a bad deal, these are $5 a can & it took 3 to get the job done.

Next time I paint, I will pay attention to the wind forecast! Was battling the breeze all day.  






I did 2 coats, or enough to give good coverage, especially on top where there would be more wear.  I let it dry & started sanding it so It would look more rustic & worn.
All finished! Lighting in my living room isn't the best, but I love all the storage in it & I just added some blue & white knobs from Hobby Lobby & she's all done. 




The destroyer of all manicures.


NEXT PROJECTS…. 
Apothecary style coffee table with a lift up lid, and a matching end table. Wonder what color to do?! I found these a few weeks ago, it's funny how oddly similar they are to the TV stand. Love how that worked out. 









blog sig !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment