Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Day roses for teachers



Mason jars, Mason jars everywhere. I have seen some cute crafts/ideas lately that involve jars. My Daughters wanted to get their teachers roses for Valentines Day.
I was looking for some vases lying around the house when I remembered the last time I sent flowers to school in a vase, we had a problem with water being spilled. So we didn't want that this time.
 In the garage I have a few jars with lids waiting for a good use.

 Aldi had some nice bouquets of roses in pink, red, yellow & coral.  Very reasonably priced too. 

I thought if holes were punched in the top of the lid, it might prevent water spillage & help the flowers stand upright. Found a rubber mallet & a screwdriver & punched away. 

Trimmed the bottoms... 

Voila'. Idea worked like a charm & no spilled water today! 


The girls were excited to give their sweet teachers some love today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment