Friday, January 18, 2013

Estate sale Friday, things that came home with me!

Estate sale haul.... I came home with a modest handful of things. I actually used an old leather briefcase to hold my items, my hand was cramping:) 


The LIFE magazines I got from that pile. A gentleman at the register insisted he saw the JFK issue first & meant to grab it. AFTER I had paid for it & had my hand on the door to exit the house. 
Sir, LOL. A'int gonna happen, this magazine is moving right along with me. 
Australian feminist author Germaine Greer 


Neil Armstrong Off to the Moon issue 

Martin Luther King assassination 
Remembering JFK 

All the LIFE magazines are in pristine condition. Except this Jayne Mansfield one! This must have been his favorite:) 
Wedding cake topper! Their wedding was in 1957 & I snatched this up,  yeah it's old,  several of the flowers & leaves have fallen off since I've gotten it home, dusty & discolored.  But this couple stayed together till death do us part & this thing needs to be in the Smithsonian as far as I'm concerned. We can all learn a lesson from this thing! 

I grabbed a ziploc bag full of paintbrushes. I do crafts here & there & I figured I could get some use out of these. 


There were some French drawing pencils in the bag.. 

The paintbrushes are super neat! This is a Grumbacher sable bristle watercolor brush made in Bavaria 
               


Made in China? I think not. 

L. REUSCHE & CO. 

Since when does the US Army make paintbrushes? Or "did" they I should say. 
Winsor & Newton 

     



Oxblood leather briefcase 

Could not resist these vintage Christmas sweaters. 

Cute nautical gold chain belt 

Remember what I was saying about putting tape price tags on antique items? Rip off the tape & off comes the lovely design on the box. Bummer. Half the tree is gone now. 
Got a strand of Renown Christmas tree lights. Love the kitschy style box. 

Antique stethoscope 


Hands down my neatest find of the day. Its a Rieger Bowles stethoscope.  Manufactured by G P Pilling & Son in Philadelphia. Looked up the patent # & it was filed in 1927.



2 comments:

  1. Those are GREAT finds! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind compliment! You've got a cute cute family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am just starting this homeschool journey, I will be visiting your blog SEVERAL times more! I need to go find another estate sale;)

    ReplyDelete