Monday, October 29, 2012

Coupon beginner

I have always used coupons, whenever I see one for something I use, I will cut it out & get the item & save a few dollars here & there. Well everyone knows about all this coupon hype going on- All kinds of blogs on couponing, a reality show dedicated to it, even a small segment on your local news. You feel a tiny bit of guilt for not being as resourseful as others...& then one night you tune in to Here comes honey boo boo on TLC & even her Mama June has a house stocked full of things she has gotten for free from couponing. 
That's it, now I'm game. 
Last week I bought a few of CVS's advertised items & got $17 back in Extrabucks, so this week I was ready to see what I could do. 
I started looking through the ad, finding something I had a coupon for, and that I will get more Extrabucks for purchasing. I decided on buy 4 Aveeno products get $15 , & buy 2 Revlon cosmetics get $7. 
From the Sunday paper I have a
*save $1 off one Aveeno
*save $3 off 2 Aveeno
              *save $1 off 1 Revlon lip product
I get 4 Aveeno items I will use & do need, & I get some Revlon eyeliner & tinted lip-gloss. 
Get to register, all my items total $47.24.... 
-5 with manufactur coupons, -3 with a CVS store coupon, & -17 with my Extrabucks rewards. 
New total.. $26.05
AND I got $22 Extrabucks to use next time. So today is the best I have done with saving $. I usually get carried away & find some other makeup item, or nail polish color & end up spending more & would have been better off just staying home. But today I was disciplined & really wanted to see if this worked. :) :) 

YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment